Tips On How To Bathe Your Cat
Cats are notorious for keeping themselves clean and purrrty. Not too often do they need a bath, but the when they do, it's never a fun task. Don't fret! Denver Pro Pet Sitting offers you the following tips to help ensure you and your cat's safety, help maximize efficiency, and minimize the stress of bathing.
1) Timing is Key: Make sure to schedule the bath for when your cat is most calm and mellow. This helps them ease into the bath more effectively. You may want to have a play session about 30-60 minutes before the bath so that you can help tire them out.
2) Clip the Claws: It's easy to forget, but is a crucial mistake that many cat owners make! Remember to clip your cat's claws before you bathe them.
3) The Pre-Brush: Before you begin the process, it helps to brush any excess hair off your cat. Throw away any fur balls.
4) The Rubber Mat: Have your cat stand on a rubber mat while being bathed to help prevent any slipping. They will greatly appreciate this!
5) Water Temperature: Use lukewarm water when bathing. Water that is too cold or too hot will stress your cat out and can potentially harm them!
6) The Lather: Use a safe bathing solution that is made specifically for pets. Make sure to be gentle when lathering, while avoiding their eyes, ears, and mouth.
7) The Wash Down: Use a cup or a spray hose to carefully wash off any remaining solution with the lukewarm water. A slow pour can help with keeping your cat calm.
8) The Pat Down: Grab a large towel and dry them in a warm environment. Keep away from any fans or drafts that could chill your cat.
9) The Post-Brush: Brush your furry one to help untangle their hair and remove any remaining residue. Be careful not to tug too hard at any clumps.
10) Time for Praise: It's a good idea to praise your cat after their bath so they can relax and become comfortable with the process in the future. Playtime, treats, and more brushing is all up for game!
We hope that you find these tips helpful. If you utilize them, you may find that bathing your cat is an easier task than you previously thought!
Denver Pro Pet Sitting is here for your pet sitting and house sitting needs. Contact us TODAY to book your FREE Meet & Greet!